Printing A4 on A1

Started by Nikolay, September 17, 2012, 02:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikolay

Hello!

How do I print A4 Visio diagram I have on A1 paper with proper scaling?

Thank you in advance.

wapperdude

Hi Nikolay --

Just so I'm properly understanding your question, let me repeat back what I think you're asking.

You have a drawing that was done on A4.  Your printer is set to do A1.  You want your A4 drawing to be printed on the the A1 sheet, but, retain it's literal size.  That is, it will be small compared to the printer sheet.

If that's the question, then, (I'm using V2007, but, I believe this valid for other versions), then under File > Page Setup:
  1.  Print Setup:  select printer sheet size, and then Print zoom select 100%
  2.  Page Setup:  either select Pre-defined for your A4 or Custom size and enter dimensions of the Visio page.  The pop-up window will show a preview of the Drawing page and Printer Paper.

That should do it.  Something that was, say, 20mm on the Visio drawing should be 20mm on the printed hardcopy.  Of course, that assumes the printer driver,etc are correct.

Hope this was the correct interpretation of your queston.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Nikolay

Hi Wapperdude

I just wanted to somehow stretch/scale up the A4 drawing on printing, so that it prints out as a "large version" of the A4 drawing.
That is I don't really want my drawing to retain it's actual size, I want it to be proportionally rescaled for A1 on printing.

For now it seems the following print setup worked:

Page Size -> Pre-defined size -> A4
Print Setup -> Printer paper -> A1
Print zoom -> Adjust to -> 282%

wapperdude

I thought there were two possible "readings" of your question, that's why I bounced back my interpretation.

You can do as you indicate, but, did you try selecting the Fit to 1 sheet by 1 sheet button?  Visio will scale the drawing, not distort it, to extend to whichever dimension is reached 1st.  That way, you don't have to guess at the amount of magnification.
Visio 2019 Pro

Nikolay

Quote from: wapperdude on September 21, 2012, 08:47:44 PM
I thought there were two possible "readings" of your question, that's why I bounced back my interpretation.

You can do as you indicate, but, did you try selecting the Fit to 1 sheet by 1 sheet button?  Visio will scale the drawing, not distort it, to extend to whichever dimension is reached 1st.  That way, you don't have to guess at the amount of magnification.

Yes indeed it is much easier :)
Thank you! I thought this feature can only scale "down".