need to export shape text in one page and insert the shape text on another page

Started by chathavardhan, August 13, 2012, 10:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chathavardhan

Hello all.

Can any one help me with this.

need to export shape text in one page and insert the shape text on another page on required shape.  For example I have 10 rectangle shapes in one page and some text in that shapes. I have close to 50 pages in that file i want to copy that shape text and put it on the other page, but we need to select the shape and check the text and put it accourdingly.

vojo

if text is static (does not change...you are changing it because you are trying to pretty up things), go to doc stencil and change it there   (File==>shapes==Document Stencil

if its dynamic text (will change per use of the file), then its either
   - Automation to walk thru all shapes all pages and make the update (VBA)
   - Define the text of interest in the source shape into a user.cell....and manually go thru all the shapes to use the source shape user cell for text   
     Dest shape user.cell = page1!sheet.1!user.sourcetext
   - You or user go into doc stencil and change

Note, if all shapes are same other than text, I believe doc stencil will have a shape for each usage that has different text (1 per text no matter how many times used).
could look at a dashboard page (page 51 that has N text shapes in play).  Once all the 50 pages of shapes have the link to the dashboard, it becomes a more user friendly way to change
text in shapes.

chathavardhan

Thank you very much for your reply.

Let me explain you in detail what exactly i am looking for we have a sheet were we have few signals flowing, this signals might go to differet sheets on different shape, so we need this list to shape test to appear on other sheets in a window so that we can select the text and the location from where the signal is coming. For your information i am attaching a visio file please help. In the attached file we have few text and on the to column we have mentioned the sheet number and on which column the signal goes. Please check and help if you have any questions please revert back.