Templates for popular corporate business process maps

Started by chrissurfr, March 26, 2013, 01:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrissurfr

Hi all,

I have been a Visio user for about 8 years now in the management consulting industry. I've mapped many processes over the years ranging from supply chain industries to financial close business processes. I often found the most challenging part of mapping a process was defining a start and end point for the process when the people I was meeting with did not understand anything outside of the work that they were processing on their desks. If someone was working on the financial close process, they did not understand how the journal entries they were closing out flowed past their computer screen to the next guy. They never understood the interaction of how their work impacted others. Describing to these individuals how their work moved to the next person to build credibility was always tough.

I always searched for tools and templates to help people in my situation who show up to client sites with no prior understanding of a particular business process, but I could never find anything...so I started to build my own. After a lot of hard work, blood sweat and tears, I created about 200 summary business process map templates of the most common functions in Fortune 500 businesses. They are posted for free here: http://opsdog.com/improvement/resources

I am interested in feedback and how you think I can make this product better and more user friendly.

Thanks everyone.

Chris