Getting Shape data in vb.net

Started by kebo, May 06, 2008, 08:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kebo

Thanks to visioguy on the 'other' vb site for the head start importing visio data into a vb.net app. It didn't take long before I got stuck though :(

I have a visio sheet that models a factory floor with the page size equal to the actual floor size and a couple of groups of shapes that represent different manufacturing lines (each shape in the group represents a different station in the particular line.)

I need to iterate through all of the shape data for the group and each shape, but can't figure out the best way. I can see all of the data in the Shape Data section on the shape sheet, but can figure out how to reference just the Shape Data section. Is there a way to reference only a single section, then iterate through each row of that section?
thanks
kevin

Visio Guy

Hi Kebo,

There's another way to get at cells: shp.CellsSRC( section, row, column )

For shape data, you'll need Visio.VisSectionIndices.visSectionProp as the section index.

You can also do a shp.RowCount.

Perhaps you can see where this is going...  :)
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

kebo

thanks visio guy....

Since I know the names of each row, I ended up with this....

Dim RowNumber As Short = lineShape.Cells("Prop.Row_19").Row
     MessageBox.Show(lineShape.CellsSRC(visSectionProp, RowNumber, visCustPropsValue).FormulaU)

kevin