Trouble with Cross Functional Flow

Started by tracy, October 14, 2008, 04:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tracy

Once upon a time I created some cross functional flows (horizontal) and they were great -- I had a nice title background layer type thing that seemed to "hold" the cross functional bands nicely and all the shapes behaved properly (I could resize them, they snapped together). Now, when I created new horizontal cross functional flows, I get no title, I can change the length of the cross functional bands, and nothing seems to snap in place or behave like I'm expecting. Even if I try to remove the protection from the bands, I still can't make them longer (wider works).

Was there some sort of wizard I was supposed to go through, rather than just New>Flowchart>Cross Functional Flow? I basically just get a blank page when I do this.

Paul Herber

Sounds like the add in for cross-functional flowcharts has become disabled.
Check menu -> Tools -> Options -> Advanced
and ensure the Enable Automation Events is selected.

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

tracy

Okay, I did that, but it still won't allow me to change the length of my swimlanes. Do I need to start a fresh document?

tracy

Nevermind! I just answered my own question. I had to start a new document, but now it totally works! Thank you SO MUCH! I wracked my brain over this for about an hour and you just solved it!