AutoCAD-like look & feel

Started by Dmitry, June 15, 2012, 01:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dmitry

My company is considering to switch to Visio from AutoCAD for making almost all the drawings (except complex 3D ones, maybe). I think that it's possible - our drawings are mostly 2D connection/wiring diagrams - but our engineers have some complains related to look & feel:
- in AutoCAD drawing window by default has dark background, white lines and small dark 1-pixel dots instead of grid - it's really much better for eyes;
- layout view (and printed drawing) has inverted colors, black on white, other colors are not changed.
I'm scratching my head: how to implement about the same behavior in Visio, turn on/off wysiwig mode on the fly? Not changing global options, it should work only for certain drawings and templates. Any ideas?

Paul Herber

Some of this is the sort of thing that should have been added to Visio over the last n years instead of messing around with Themes, the *%@£! ribbon, quick shapes, removing all the options that used to exist for changing background and stencil colours and other nonsense that is slowly turning Visio into a childrens' colour painting program.
Sorry, was I ranting?  8)

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/