Org chart help?

Started by dasadler, April 25, 2012, 04:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dasadler

I have created an organization chart for a small business that will be expanding soon.  I would like to be able to project cost based on new hires.  The org chart I have does not reflect the organization as it is today but what we anticipate having in the foreseeable future.

In other words, the org chart currently shows many more positions that the number of people we have.

I am trying to find a way to do 'What If' planning....

What I would like is to have several boxes or shapes under each position that are selectable and have labels such as 'vacant', 'Exec VP', 'Senior Associate', 'Junior Associate', and 'Intern'.  For each position only one box can be selected.  Then assign a salary to each box.  When I select a few boxes (one per position), there should be a window or text box that will display the total salaries of all the selected positions.  Maybe a combo box would be the best way to do it.  Anyway, the box labeled 'Vacant' would have a salary of $0.00

Does this make sense?  It is clear in my head but not sure if it is explained correctly.  Any ideas on how to do this?