Move a Visio 2003 Flowchart to Word 2010 with enhanced shapes

Started by DarthPathos, March 06, 2012, 09:19:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarthPathos

Hi all,

OK, so I've been using Visio for a loooong time and although I wouldn't consider myself a super user (I've never done hard-core programming or anything in it), I am extremely comfortable.  What I have been asked to do however is beyond me, and I'm hoping someone can help me out.

I have created a rather complex flow chart in visio 2003.  I need to a) move it to a Word 2010 document and b) have the shapes in the Word-based flow chart be hyperlinkable (??) to other sections of the document.  For example, if I'm at step 3, I need to have the reader be able to click on the step and be taken to more detail further on in the word file.  I have done the copy and paste thing but it doesn't carry over the objects as individual objects, rather it groups it all together as a single image.  Trying to copy and paste regularly screws the whole layout of the flowchart so it would take me days to redo the whole thing.

I have ~45 steps per process, and 12 different processes I need to do this for.  Anything simple would be ideal.

I am completely and utterly stumped and would appreciate any ideas / thoughts / suggestions.......
Chris

aledlund

I've always thought that how Visio implemented hyperlinks was really neat, especially with Word. You can aim a hyperlink at a word document and also have the granularity of including a bookmark for more specificity.
al