Main Menu

printer setup

Started by Malcolm Debono, January 19, 2012, 11:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Debono

Hi Can I please ask someone to help once again. I have been using my old plotter with visio 2003 & windows xp, no problems. I installed visio 2010, same computer and the plotter worked without any problems. I decided to share the plotter on a network with another computer running windows 7 and it all went badly wrong. Eventually after many hours I have managed to get the original computer working with the plotter but I need help. If I draw a line or a box visio is adding a shadow or filling the box. If I select no shadow and no fill and then draw a line or a box I still get a shadow or fill. If I select the box & line then select no shadow or fill it works okay. What I am saying is can someone please help me to set the default as being no shadow and no fill. Any help is really appreciated.

Malcolm Debono

Hi For anyone reading this post I un-installed and re-installed visio 2010. I found that it was applying a background style so I checked all the settings and made sure that they are set to none and so far it is all back in order.

Malcolm Debono

I am finding a lot of problems with visio 2010. I have a drawing which I setup using visio 2010 running windows 7. I tried to print to my old plotter and found it will not print in landscape. I spent over 2 days without any success. I decided to save the file and load it on my computer using visio 2010 running windows xp. Before I printed the drawing I checked the setup and realised there is a difference.

On my xp computer from Print Preview> Page Setup> Setup> Printer
On my 7 computer from Print Preview> Page Setup> Setup> NO PRINTER

Now this might seem an obvious thing, why didn't I notice it before, the thing is I didn't.
I set the printer preferences, set the printer as default, set the page size all in landscape and every time I compared them with the setup on my xp computer.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled 2010 about 4 times. Initially when I install it the thumbnail print preview is okay and for some reason it will decide not to work.
Sometimes when I go to Print Preview> Page Setup> the printed paper pull down menu field is blank even though I haven't actually changed anything. I have tried to use a program that just prints pdf files as the default printer which is totally reliable hoping that it will take the initial setup ie: A1 paper size but when I switch to the plotter it reverts to a A6 paper size and I have no idea where it gets that from. If anyone can help I really would appreciate it.

aledlund

That kind of stuff is usually channeled by the system from the printer drivers.
al

Malcolm Debono

Yes Thank You Al I believe it is a driver problem.