Find original source of a shape which was a search returned shape

Started by SSN651, January 06, 2012, 02:48:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SSN651

I got a Visio file from a co-worker which had many perspective drawn shapes of people in different roles/situaitons with some common business related oobjects. I need to add some more shapes from the same source to maintain the style of those shapes. When I mouse over some, a shape name appears, i.e. customer service, document, engineering, etc. They all have a light blue coloring of the person or object. In the person related shape the objects associated depicting the sitution are of a tan shade of coloring.

I did a search for the customer service shape and the shape I wanted did come up, but I want to find the original source of it so that I can see all of the shapes which are done is a similar manner.

Can anyone tell me how to find this particular collection of shapes, i.e. like the collection of Basic Flowcharting has all the "Topic" related shapes to pick from, I want to find the "Topic" collection for the shapes I have descibed above.

SSN651

I found a way!

I have "copied" some of the shapes to 'My Favorites'. When I  Edit my Favorites Stencil and then "Right mouse" click on the shape, I can then select Edit Master Shortcut > Master shortcut properties. In the Master Shortcut Properties box locate the "Stencil:" field under the Target section. It shows the path to the stencil. In mine, there is a bunch of "..." in the path. I found the file under the Microsoft Office > Office 14>Visio Content>1033 folder. The file names varied for the shapes, for instances "User" is in the WFOBJ_M.VSS file. I guess they must be Workforce objects, the "Meeting" shape is in the WFSTEP_M.VSS file.

In Windows Explorer, I open the file with Visio and got a version of Visio which shows on the Ribbon File, Stencil, Add-Ins. You can now open other stencil files to see what is in those collections.