can't edit drawing

Started by mindjob, December 16, 2011, 12:51:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mindjob

Hello, Greg here,

I use Visio at work to edit diagrams in procedures written in Word. Usually I can go to the Word document, copy the diagram and paste it into Visio. Them I ungroup the diagram, which consists of boxes, arrows and text, then edit the diagram. But this one diagram today wouldn't ungroup, but instead had what looked like a white background. There was only the one page, so there was not technically a background. When I tried to ungroup nothing happened, and when I double-clicked on it, it enlarged the diagram. Clicking on it again shrunk it back to its original size. I tried pasting it into Visio as a drawing and Word file, but it didn't matter.

So I am mystified as to why I couldn't edit the diagram. This is the first time this has happened.
Thanks for your help,
Greg

aledlund

are you sure it's a format editable by visio? it may have been inserted as a bitmap of some sort.
al

mindjob

aledlund

I understood the Word part, it was the drawing that confused me ("copy the diagram").
al

mindjob

I tried to attach the file, but the system won't let me.
Greg

Paul Herber

Quote from: mindjob on December 20, 2011, 06:16:31 PM
I tried to attach the file, but the system won't let me.
What error message did you get? Ensure the file is less than 500kB.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

mindjob

The file is 340 Kb. The system doesn't give me an error message, it just doesn't post my email.
G