Can the shape sheet "sense" if a connectionpoint is glued to something?

Started by RhesusMinus, October 13, 2011, 11:55:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RhesusMinus

I have a shape with two connection points. Can I, via the shape sheet, find out if and which of these connection points are glued to something?

THL

MacGyver

I'm not really sure but am wondering the same thing.  I'm trying to change the color of my shape depending upon whether or not it has two 'actively glued' connection points. I know i could do this via a macro but it would be so much better if the shape was smart enough to do it automatically and not require the use of a macro.

vojo

without VBA et al....shapes are not self aware nor can they find other shapes on the page

about 2 years ago, I played around with a real kludge to do this in the shapesheet....got it to work but determine it was too arcane to be of value to anybody

personally, I think this kind of thing is far far far more important than containers (glorified groups).

Jumpy

I'm with you in that, vojo. Can't see, why the didn't create a (number of) nice ShapeSheet-Function(s) to cover that.

vojo

or allow true UDFs like excell.....the 2010 roll your own shapesheet function is ok but probably cant be used for this (iterate thru list or find something).

MacGyver

Bummer, I came across the following post http://www.visguy.com/2006/10/12/connection-point-directions-types/ and it seemed like i could apply some of that code to my shapes to complete my objective but was unable to.  Fortunately I found the post quiet interesting regardless.