Drawings printing with black background

Started by lkyb, December 06, 2011, 08:52:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lkyb

I have a set of drawings that are all printing with a solid black background when I print from Visio.  I have not designated a background for any of the drawings and the background appears white in Print Preview.  When I convert to PDF they print fine, with a white/transparent background as they should.   I'm wondering if this may be how the printer is reading the "background set to none" setting in Print Properties, or if I'm doing something wrong when I print from Visio. I don't need any special background so I didn't designate a background page, but would that be the solution to this problem, perhaps?  Or is something up with the printer?

Thanks!

wapperdude

This is not normal behavior.  My initial reaction is a printer driver problem.

When you say solid background, then, you still see shapes that are in the foreground, unless, of course, they have no fill and use black lines?  Or all you saying the entire page prints black?

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

lkyb

I was suspecting a driver problem as well.  Yes, you are correct in that I can see shapes in the foreground, in their proper designated colors.  It's as if I've created a solid black background for the drawing... only I haven't.

Thanks!

wapperdude

... and you don't have some large shape that fills the page, even though it isn't colored black?  Well, had to ask...

Doing anything with Layers?  Those can be non-visible, but yet still print.  To check, menubar > View > Layer Properties.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

lkyb

Correct; no hidden layers... I think it is a driver problem.  My colleague just informed me that the drawing prints properly from her computer, which makes me relieved that I don't have any hidden randomness in the template that an entire team is now using as the basis for their process flows.  Thanks for your help in narrowing down the source of the problem.