grouping shapes

Started by david, September 21, 2008, 01:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david

when i select several shapes, before i group them i can see all their common properties and i can change the size of all of them at once by making the whole group bigger or smaller.
but when i group them, there are no properties and when i drag one of the 8 points arround the group with the mouse, the shapes of the group act very strangely.  they don't grow up as they should, instead the just move to strange locations.  i have no idea why it happens.

is there a way to make the group act exatcly like it would act if i only selected the shapes but didn't group them together?

i already found programmatecally the common properties of the shapes in the group and put them in the properties of the group.  but there are still many problems.  for example, the invisible column won't always work because it sometimes depend on properties that are not common to all shapes.  and in addition, making the group bigger or smaller is still a problem. the shapes inside it still act strangely when i make the group bigger or smaller.

i wrote a lot of code and it didn't help much.  i believe that if visio already did the work when i selected the shapes (before grouping them) maybe i can somehow use it.  anyone knows how to use it?

meks

Have you tried to set the behavior of the member shapes (each shapes inside the "group" shape) to scale with group?