Linking shape data to textbox

Started by shannonl, October 22, 2011, 06:38:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shannonl

I have been using visio for about 2 months now.  I do graphics for a hvac company.  They are wanting me to animate a few of the shapes I am using.  I found the shapes online.  One of the shapes I am trying to animate is a water pump.  I looked at the shapesheet and i see some code in there for it to spin.  I guess it is linked to another shape.  I need it linked to a textbox on my drawing and get it to spin if the text in my textbox is "on" or for it not to spin if the text is "off".  Thanks for anyone that has an suggestions.

I could send the shape if someone could help. 

shannonl

here is the spin code in the cell user.SPIN

=IF(AND(Prop.BindEnable,LEN(Prop.ObjRef)>0),"SPIN CW,"&FORMATEX(LocPinX,"0.############",,"pt.")&","&FORMATEX(ThePage!PageHeight-LocPinY,"0.############",,"pt."),"")

aledlund

Are you asking for true animation (continuous movement) or merely a shape that can have multiple states (open/closed). Visio does support multi-state with multishapes. Here's an example
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visio/archive/2006/07/21/673305.aspx
al

vojo

Hope you are not looking for true animation....that is really not supported in Visio
(personally, I think things like animation, shape self awareness on the sheet, decent isometric behavior - June pioneered stuff 10 years ago visio really hasnt address-, etc is far more important that containers)

I played around with animation as a hobby project....got it working, but it really was not all that user friendly and was a bit heavy in VBA and lots of shape cells.

My suggestion would be to have a series of shapes, copy over to PPT and use its animation engine....or.....eeek move to Sketchup eeek

shannonl

Quote from: aledlund on October 25, 2011, 12:00:07 PM
Are you asking for true animation (continuous movement) or merely a shape that can have multiple states (open/closed). Visio does support multi-state with multishapes. Here's an example
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visio/archive/2006/07/21/673305.aspx
al

Thank you for your reply.  Do you offer any kind of training.  I would be willing to pay.