Add new master to stencil with VB .NET

Started by le-no, October 10, 2011, 06:58:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

le-no

Hi folks,

As a relative newbie, I have created a Ribbon-Add-In for Microsoft Visio with Visual Studio 2010 and I really like doing this so far, but I have one major problem that I can't get over.

I try to dynamically change the stencil by reacting to events like ShapeAdded. I managed to delete a master from the stencil by doing something like this:

vsoMaster.Delete()

However, if I want to add a new master to an empty stencil (after all masters have been deleted) I do this:

Dim vMaster = vsApplication.Documents.Item("test.vss").Masters.Add()

This produces an empty master in the stencil.
Now, if I want this master to have a shape, I always get COMExceptions, e.g. when I try to do stuff like this:

vMaster.Shapes.Item(1).CellsSRC(Visio.VisSectionIndices.visSectionObject, Visio.VisRowIndices.visRowLine, Visio.VisCellIndices.visLineColor).FormulaU = "THEMEGUARD(RGB(0,0,0))"

It seems plausible for the program to react like that because there is no shape yet that I could edit like that, but I can't find a way to assign a shape to the master.
Does anyone know a way to do that?

Thanks in advance for your help and best regards from Osnabrueck, Germany.

Lennard

aledlund

before we get too far into this, did you check this out?

http://www.visguy.com/2008/02/25/edit-visio-masters-programmaticallythe-right-way/

and before you attempt to edit the internal shape of the master, ensure that one was returned..

al

le-no

Thanks for the quick reaction.
I tried the above but I struggled to define a master that I could copy and open (since the stencil is empty).

I think I figured out the heart of my problem though.
I can't manage to get new instances of any Visio entities, such as Master, Shape etc.

If I try to initialize a new Shape:
vsShape = New Visio.Shape()

I get a COMException, telling me that the class was not registered:
HRESULT: 0x80040154 REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG

What class do I have to register? And how do I do that?
Please help me, I'm really stuck here. Thanks.

Jumpy

Afaik you can't create a new shape in Visio like that.
You can drop a shape from another stencil or you can draw a new shape, for example as rectangle and then modify it.