Connection Points. ARGH!

Started by RhesusMinus, September 15, 2011, 01:04:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RhesusMinus

Hello everybody!

See attached file.

I can connect the narrow component to the wide component, using the connection points they have.
I can't connect the wide component to the narrow component, using the SAME connection points!

WHY!??

Visio is killing me ;)

THL

wapperdude

It always seems to be a mystery.  I confirmed the behavior...

Try this...on the large shape, in the shapesheet, for the connection points, enter 1 mm for DirX/A.  Both.  I was able to get it to glue to the smaller shape and visa versa.

HTH
Wapperdude

Ah.  Now I recall.  You don't need to modify the shapesheet.  The trick is to have the cursor close to the connection point of interest when you are dragging the shape.  I think Visio uses this as a cue as to the point of interest.
Visio 2019 Pro

RhesusMinus

Hi WD.

I've tried to do the changes in the shape sheet. Still no luck in my installation (Visio 2010). I also "grab" the wide shape near the connection point when I try to connect it to the narrow shape. Nope. Nada.

Is there somewhere else ona can post this, and HOPE that someone from Microsoft sees it?

THL

Paul Herber

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

wapperdude

Hmmm.  Should have worked.  One more thing to try...

Completely ungroup the large shape -- everything.  Then, re-group as a single shape, add connection points.  Seems like I vaguely recall nested groups sometimes create a connection point issue.

Anyway, something to try.

Wapperdude 
Visio 2019 Pro