Auto Refresh in Shapesheet

Started by fastedy, September 11, 2011, 05:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fastedy

Hi,

I'm sure I'm being daft and missing something simple here - but I can't seem to find the answer from searching.

I'm working with shapesheet and updating the properties of quite a few shapes, my problem is that when I click on a different shape in the drawing the shapesheet doesn't update to represent that shape (I have to go to window>show shapesheet to make a new shapesheet with that shapes properties appear). As I am updating a lot of shapes this is very tedious.

Is this the expected behaviour? Is there a way to make shapesheet refresh in real time?

Thanks,
Ed

Paul Herber

The shapesheet window is only opened for the shape that it has been requested for.
It depends on what data you are changing in the shape, if you are changing Shape Data (Custom Properties) then you can use the Shape Data window. The Shape Data window will show whatever shape is selected. That's Shape Data, not shape data. Stupid idea, calling it such a general term!
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

Jumpy

A little help may be the following information. You can activate a developer mode in Visio. Somewhere in th options.
Is the developer mode active, than you can choose "Open ShapeSheet" in the right-click-menu. That's a little bit faster.

Also: In the options you can find a checkbox to open multiple ShapeSheets at the same time. Good if you want to use Copy+Paste extensively  ;)

vojo

or set the eventdblck in the shapesheet for that shape to the right DOCMD mode to open the shape's shape sheet on double click

Might want to investigate the DOCMD functions (probably 100 or so).   Up side, lots of power over that shape....down side, only affects that shape