Weird dimension issues

Started by Michelle, September 08, 2011, 07:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle

I have a dimension shape that is giving incorrect dimensions, and I cannot figure out why!  It seems to work fine, except when asked to dimension a line that is 5" long.  The text of the dimension will read 6".  If asked to dimension a 6" line it works fine, and it also works fine for a 4" line.  It also seems to work for pretty much everything else I try: 5 1/2" line, 1'-2 1/2" line, etc.  It's JUST the 5" reading that causes problems!  I am so at a loss I don't know what to do. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what I may need to investigate? 

The only thing I can think is that it;s something in the text fields that are set up for this dimension shape (which I did not create).  I will attach the text fields section of the dimension in question, in the hopes that someone can explain to me what is going on... most of what's in there makes no sense to me! 

Please help! 
TIA,
Michelle

wapperdude

Which version of Visio?

Those are not standard entries for V2007 or V2003.  Don't know about V10. 
It looks like some customization has been done.  Is that the MS Visio dimension shape?  The user.V5.... looks like someone added an entry to the User-Defined Cell section, and that is being called in the Modulus formula.  From there, there's a calculation going on, which must not like 5 inches.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro