Indexed Shapes: More Wacky Hand-drawn-looking Visio Shapes

Started by wapperdude, September 18, 2008, 02:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wapperdude

A while back, I read Visio Guy's article about indexed shapes and realized that there were some fundamental shapes missing.  So, I've assembled some wacky shapes that have a hand-drawn look.  Enjoy!   8)

Visio 2019 Pro

Lars-Erik

Again, need to be logged in to see attachments.

Wapper, do you mind if i move your two posts into shapes and templates, don't think they belong in the "buy/sell and look for visio work( to be done)" section.

Visio Guy

Hi Lars,

I put a "sticky" in this board so people will see that then need to be logged in to see/download the content.

I think Wapper's stuff is ok here. He's just offering it to the community, without questions or discussion.
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

shayneneal

He would probably sell it to you too if you wanted to offer him money! ::)

Shayne

wapperdude

Money???  Hmmm.  That means PayPal acct?  Unfortunately, daughter has that tied up.   :'(

Actually, Visio Guy is correct, just offering these to the general community.  The effort to develop them was for personal usage and fun.  Then I realized, that there might be a small segment of the community that might find them helpful.  Didn't really target the development with a sellable, product in mind.

Having a place to post these is reward enough.

BTW, have some faces for Visio Guy's people, any interest?   ::)  :D
Visio 2019 Pro

Futurewolf

These shapes are great.

Though i can't get the fill to work on the square  :(

Works good on the rest but i can't colour in my squares

wapperdude

Ooops!

Quick fix is to select the square, open its shapesheet, scroll down to the Geometry 1 section, set the Geometry1.NoFill cell to "False" or "0".

I'll update this in the near future.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

wapperdude

Here's an update to the wacky shapes.  I've added two new shapes.  The first is a fully deformable rectangle.  The lower left corner is fixed, but the three remaining corners each has a control point to move the corners about.  Great for the wacky, hand-drawn perspective or isometric drawing.  Retains all of the wacky features including line jitter randomization.

The 2nd, shown below, is a wacky, deformable cube.  It has 4 control points.  Actually, quite fun to contort.  But, allows some 3D imagineering!

Enjoy!
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Gunner22d

Hi
I have published a set of hand-drawn process flow shapes.  They can be used in regular flowcharts, but are ideally suited to swimlane diagrams.  There are the basic task, gateway and start/end shapes.  The idea is to keep the diagrams simple, but I have added a limited palette of BPMN icons for more complex diagrams. 

Process flows using these shapes have an informality that promotes discussion.

The can be downloaded from http://documentproductivity.blogspot.co.nz/

I hope you enjoy using them.
Martin@DocProd