Strange things happen when I create a Master....

Started by RhesusMinus, August 30, 2011, 09:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RhesusMinus

Hello All.

See attached shape.

This Document has a setting, User.CenikaLayoutDocumentDepth.

The inserted shape, "Sokkel", has  User.DocumentDepth=GUARD(FORMAT(TheDoc!User.CenikaLayoutDocumentDepth,"0"))

The shape has a subshape, Bunnplate, that has Height=GUARD(INDEX(LOOKUP(Sheet.1!User.DocumentDepth,Sheet.1!User.DocumentDepths),"148 mm;227.5 mm;309 mm; 356 mm"))

Sheet.1 is "Sokkel".

However.. If I now go into the shapesheets for these three shapes, and have a look there, as I change one variable, namely <Document>!User.CenikaLayoutDepth.

If I set this to 320, The shape Sokkel updates properly, but the shape Bunnplate does NOT reflect the change in "Sokkel". Why?

If I copy/paste the height formula of Bunnplate onto itself, everything updates as expected. If I no press delete on the height field (To reset the formula to be inherited from the master again), everything works fine also.

This is driving me crazy! Anyone got an idea on how to fix this?

THL

Paul Herber

I think one major problem might be referencing TheDoc
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

RhesusMinus

Well.. I'm not sure about this, as the shape itself is the only part having a link to TheDoc. And this one works perfectly. It's the subshapes that doesn't react on changes in the shape..

I will however take a closer look at this.

But there is no reason for this NOT to work, as you see it?

THL

Jumpy

I tested a bit with your example. I can see the problem but can't explain it.
When I manipulate the subshape a little bit, for example add a new dummy user defined cell, it starts to work.
Strange indeed.