Multi shapes and shapesheet problem

Started by nilani, July 02, 2011, 07:34:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nilani

Hi,

I have a problem in my research.  :( That is some thing like following.

1. There is a master shape and it has several types(eg: Shape A can be in 3 forms-x,y,z)

2. When user right click on the shape(A) child menu provides him to change the type either x,y or z[I did up to this using flyoutChild in shapesheet]

3. Now I want give 3 shapes in to x,y and z that is when user change the type he can see 3 shapes[This is actually if A is a square
x-a circle inside
y-a cross inside
z-a star inside etc.]

Can anybody please help me?
Thank you very much.
Regards,
Nilani

wapperdude

Add two more geometry sections in the shapesheet -- gives a total of three, one for each desired shape.  Then use the Geometry Noshow cell to change the visibility.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

nilani

Hi wapperdude,

Thank you very much for the reply. Can you please explain further this thing. Edit Stencil->Edit Master->Shapesheet->Add geometry....Is this the right way? How to define the 3 shapes?
Regards,
Nilani.

wapperdude

Yes, that's correct. 
The first geometry section will contain the info for your existing shape.
The 2nd you would add rows and populate each to draw your next shape, and again for the third.

If you don't know what to put into these sections, draw each of the remaining shapes, open it's shapesheet, and then look at the geometry section.  Duplicate the entries in your master shapesheet.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

nilani

Thank you for your reply. Please see what I tried using BPMN stencil??

http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=3227.0

wapperdude

See attached for what might be done.  I assumed you wanted to keep the square outline.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

nilani

Hi,

Thank you for the attachment and reply. Yes,that is what I wanted. Did you check my attachment? It is bit different. Why Shapesheet is not shown when the gateway shape is drag and drop on to the page in my stencil. Please help me?

url : http://visguy.com/vgforum/index.php?topic=3227.0

Thank you.
Regards,
Nilani.