UI AddIn events are ignored

Started by llmmnnoo2002, September 02, 2008, 02:24:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llmmnnoo2002

Hello,

I am writing a C# Visio COM-AddIn for visio 2007 using Visual Studio 2005.

The AddIn works fine on several computers, but it does not on a specific one (a laptop).
When the AddIn loads, it should build a menu from which the user should be able to click on menu items.
In the beginning, the menu did not appear at all, even though the AddIn was loaded (I know it was loaded because of a certain thing that happens when this AddIn is loaded). After many trials and errors, I found out that I needed to disable the "Send to bluetooth" COM AddIn that for a certain reason appears in the AddIn list (I didn't install it) . After disabling that AddIn the menu finally appeared, but when I click on the menu item in the menu nothing happens. Every mouse click is ignored. I have also added certain actions to my shapes (which appear when right clicking a shape), and they are also ignored (other right click actions such as "Show Shape Sheet" are not ignored). It reminds me of the behavior you would experience when unchecking the "Enable Automation Events" check box in Tools->Options 'Advanced' tab.
I have no idea if it is somehow related the the bluetooth AddIn I disabled.

I am using the Marker Event in my code to catch all these clicks, but it the event it not triggered. I should emphasize that everything works fine on all other computers. The problem is only with this specific one.

Any thoughts ?

Paul Herber

Is the whole application just one file?
Sounds to me like the file that creates the menu works fine but the bit that responds isn't being loaded by Visio. I'm sure the clicks aren't being ignored, just that Visio doesn't know what to do when the menu is clicked?
Are the files all loaded in the same place on all the laptops? Are all the security settings the same? Are you running with the same version of Visio on all three?

Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

llmmnnoo2002

The entire application is only one dll file, which is loaded as a whole as far as I know. Users install the application by using an installer which places the file at a specific location (identical on all computers), and they all use Visio 2007. Regarding security, Windows firewall is disabled. Is there any other security settings that needs to be changed ?