Linking Processes

Started by opbank, August 30, 2008, 03:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

opbank

I'm in the process of documenting several business processes using the Cross Functional Flowchart, to utilize the swimlanes for different departments and systems. I am trying to link several of these processes together, almost in a dependent or relationship fashion. I would like to be able to view other processes that are either utilize a given procedure as a sub process or at least be able to see what is linked. I'm not sure if that is very clear, but does anyone have any idea's for these relationships? - or is it even possible to view dependencies of related functions?

Visio Guy

Hi OPB,

Do you want some sort of visual cue for shapes that link to other pages and processes? I'm not sure if by "link" you mean connectors or hyperlinks...I think you're talking links to sub-pages.

There's nothing automatic in Visio, except the mouse-over cursor (which won't help when printing) But you could develop a visual style for linked shapes (thicker border, gradient fill, shadow, etc.)

If your documents are really big, a little VBA code could automate the highlighting of links for you.
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010