page numbers starting at...

Started by goltoof, May 20, 2011, 10:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goltoof

How do I make page numbers start after the first couple of pages?  I have a cover and a TOC, I don't necessarily want those to count as page numbers.  Any work around for this?

wapperdude

Assuming that you have a text box or shape to which you've inserted a field that has page number info, then, go into the shapesheet, scroll down to the Text Fields section, and in the value cell, you should see an entry, PAGENUMBER().  Modify this entry with something like PAGENUMBER-2, where the "2" represents the number of pages prior to your 1st numbered page.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

goltoof

Quote from: wapperdude on May 21, 2011, 03:26:32 AM
PAGENUMBER().  Modify this entry with something like PAGENUMBER-2, where the "2" represents the number of pages prior to your 1st numbered page.

That doesn't work at all, just gives me an error.

PS I'm using 2007.

Paul Herber

Tell us *exactly* what you typed that generates the error.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

wapperdude

Ooops.  If you took me literally, and didn't suspect a typo, than, you would get an error.  It should be PAGENUMBER()-2.

Sorry for the confusion.

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

goltoof

Quote from: wapperdude on May 23, 2011, 09:37:57 PM
Ooops.  If you took me literally, and didn't suspect a typo, than, you would get an error.  It should be PAGENUMBER()-2

Brilliant!  Worked perfectly.  I actually have the page number field in a background for each page, but it still works