Behaviour of EventXFMod

Started by Jules, May 12, 2011, 06:07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Hi All,

Can anyone else confirm or otherwise that the EventXFMod cell triggers multiple times for a single re-size.
I start a new blank drawing, and draw a rectangle on it, and place a CALLTHIS or RUNMACRO function in it's EventXFMod cell pointing to a macro that simply displays a message box.  If I move the rectangle on the page, the message box pops up just once.  If I re-size the rectangle, the message box appears anywhere between 5 and 13 times.

Does anyone have any idea if this behaviour is fixable, or a way to work around it?

Many thanks
Jules

hidden layer

oooooh - here the same. Because an error occure I can count the error messages. 5 to 20 roundabout.

The amount is maybe due to the fact that the shape is modified in some time. The shorter the time the less messages.

If I use Callthis("showxy") nothing happens, using Runmacro("showxy") the error message shows up.
Sub showxy()
On Error Resume Next
MsgBox "yes"
End Sub

No matter if the macro is within a module or not.

This post was read so often - nobody has an idea?

As I'm using Plan 2 this happens since then?

Is there another way to fill text into some shape out of a userdefined cell of a shape that will be modified just in size?

any hint is welcomed.

cheers
hl

vojo

you should be able to go to insert ==> field.   In that drop down, you  can pick the user cell by name
only the value is inserted...you can format field (font, color, size)

hidden layer

Hi vojo,
thanks! That's it. so simple... ::)

cheers
hl