Create Visio Stencils

Started by smithjessica, May 10, 2011, 08:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smithjessica

I am sorry if this question is repeated again. I am new to Visio and looking for some steps on how to create stencils in Visio. Also it will be great if anyone of you have any guide or something that I can use as reference to learn Visio easily.

Thanks in advance.

stevesmith085

There are many Visio stencils available at its official website (http://www.visiotoolbox.com). However, if you still want to learn how to create Visio stencils then follow the steps below:

1) Open Microsoft Visio. Click "File" on the main menu bar and choose "Shapes." Select "New Stencil."

2) Right-click underneath the title bar and select "New Master." Type in a name for the shape that you will be using in the stencil and click "OK." A graph drawing area will open.

3) Click "Insert" and select "Picture" if you are going to use an image saved to your hard drive for the new stencil. Select "From File" and choose the image file. Click "OK." Position the image on the graph by clicking on it and dragging it into place. Re-size the image by clicking on a corner anchor and dragging the image larger or smaller.

4) Click "File" and choose "Open" to use a Visio drawing for the new stencil. Select the drawing file and click "OK." The drawing will appear in the left-hand pane. Click on the left-hand corner of the drawing and drag the mouse over the drawing to select the entire drawing. Drag the drawing over to the stencil's graph drawing area and drop.

5) Right-click on the title bar located on the top of the stencil. Choose "Save." Create a name for the new stencil and choose "Save." The stencil will automatically be saved to the My Shapes folder.