Visio 2010 changing shapes to line art

Started by martytdx, April 22, 2011, 08:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

martytdx

Brought in a stencil set that works wonderfully in Visio 2007, and it converted most (but not all) shapes into simple line art - removed all fills, line colors and line weights.  Any idea why this is happening or how I stop it?  I have a LOT of shapes I can't afford (the time) to re-make.

Thanks!
Marty

Paul Herber

I'll guess that what is happening is that the shapes are being formatted to respond to a theme and that theme has the line and fill characteristics you see.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

vojo

probably completely unrelated....but MS released a security fix that screws up PPT slides similarly....they say they are hustling to put out a fix by monday.
Workaround is to uninstall the security patch.   Since many run with automatic update, there maybe something similar here (I have not see it for visio but got killed on PPT)

martytdx

Quote from: Paul Herber on April 22, 2011, 08:53:57 PM
I'll guess that what is happening is that the shapes are being formatted to respond to a theme and that theme has the line and fill characteristics you see.

Thanks - I'll see if opening up another document (no theme) helps.

martytdx

It seemed to resolve itself when we restarted the computer.  Not sure what caused it.  Thanks for the feedback!