Why dose the size change when i save it as a metafile?

Started by MartinL, April 21, 2011, 04:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartinL

Hi,

I have made a couple of drawings and now I need to save them as meta files and then put them in a Word document.
The column width of the document is 85 mm and I've changed the page size to fit my demands. I save it as a meta file
and insert it in Word but now the picture is smaller. If I increase the size in Word the text scales up as well. One of the
reasons to resize the page in Visio was so I could get better control of the text size and picture size.

Dose any one know a solution to this?

BR

aledlund

One of the reasons a person might choose metafiles is because they scale when a drawing size is changed (either shrinking, or expanding) with little change in their clarity. This is because each of the elements (including text) is discrete. Choosing save to a bitmap has a different effect in that you can shrink with some change, but expanding often yields (to some) an unacceptable distortion. However a bitmap is intended to stay the size it is saved as, since it is a single picture.
hth,
al

vojo

why arent you importing them to word directly as visio??
Worse case, you can edit in word (launch visio from inside word) to tweak at needed.

Not sure what exactly is driving your specific need....but I have imported to word (copy paste) many many many times without
any problems.   The only issue I have found is if the visio shapes are complex, the word document will balloon accordingly.

MartinL

Quote from: vojo on April 22, 2011, 03:37:53 AM
why arent you importing them to word directly as visio??
Worse case, you can edit in word (launch visio from inside word) to tweak at needed.

Not sure what exactly is driving your specific need....but I have imported to word (copy paste) many many many times without
any problems.   The only issue I have found is if the visio shapes are complex, the word document will balloon accordingly.

Thank you.

I don't know why I didn't think of it but just some copy, paste worked fine.

I just needed pictures in the right size with good resoltion printed (jpeg, png, bmp didn't give good results) and with the text in the right size as weel.

thx