Glueing 2D-shape handles to a connection point

Started by RhesusMinus, April 07, 2011, 12:07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RhesusMinus

Hi.

I am not able to glue the handles of a 2D-shape to a connection point in another shape. Is there anything special I need to do?

THL

wapperdude

Try changing the properties of the connection points to be inner/outer.  Choose the connection point tool, then right click on the connection point and select the 3rd option.  Alternately, open the shapesheet, find the connection section, and then change the connection point type to "3".

But,  beware, I've seen shape to shape gluing fail if the grouped shape is relatively complex.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

Jumpy

And if I'm not mistaken you don't glue the handel of a 2-D-Shape to the CPs of another shape, but CPs on shape1 to CPs on shape2. At least that's the way I do this.

OT:
By the way: I sometimes have subshapes follow the yellow diamonds (don't now engl. name) and glue thoose diamonds to another shapes CPs. So when I move the first shape, it's subshape will still stay at the other shape.

vojo

also...be aware, if the shape is too complex, it wont glue because the graphics repaint effectively locks out the glue function