Visio equivalent of what in AutoCAD is a layout?

Started by David_H, March 31, 2011, 05:35:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David_H

Let's say I want to draw an entire floor of a large 15,000 SQ FT house so that it fits on a 36 x 24 page, and is scaled to 1/8" = 1'.  And let's assume I am showing things such as lighting fixtures at actual scale, so they are very small on the 36 x 24 page.  Nevertheless, this works well because I want one view that shows the entire floor.

Now  assume I'd look to divide the house into two sections, one section per page, scaled at 1/4" = 1'.  Is there any any way in Visio to do that?  This is BASIC stuff with most CAD programs, and requires nothing more than creating a layout based on the part of the drawing you want to feature, and if you modify the main drawing the layout reflects it.  But I'm not sure there is a way to do this in Visio?  Of course I could screen grab part of it, and then put that onto another page, but that's not what I am asking.

Thanks

wapperdude

Hi David --

From the lack of response, I'd assume no one has a solution.  I'm not aware of a way to do this in Visio, except as you suggest, copy part and paste on a 2nd sheet.

Visio will let you make hard copies in a fashion to what you describe, but, that's about it.  I don't know if some of webpage stuff might do this, I've never gone to that part of the galaxy, so, I know not of what I speak.

Perhaps these comments will stir some thoughts.

Sorry.
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

David_H

Thanks.  The best solution I can think of at this point is to save each main page I need to crate layouts from as a .wmf file and then insert it onto another page and crop it.  That seems to maintain the resolution well, but of course I still then need to redo that process EVERY single time I make a single change to the "main" page.

vojo

not exactly what you want...but you can copy and paste as JPEG then use crop to get the section you want ....select arrow again and can resize the crop to fit the page.