Radio stencil

Started by cliff50, March 30, 2011, 05:22:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff50

do you have stencils for parabolic dishes.. In my line of work cadd(yuk) schematic drawings display more often than not opposing parabolic dishes to signify a microwave radio link. Therefore a stencil that shows one only parabolic dish(to signify a radio transmission instance)  and another that shows two apposing parabolic dishes (to signify a transmission link)..

When i tried to create the latter I wanted the ability to place a "lightning strike" between them, as this denotes a correlation between them on the printouts for ease of viewing.

I will try to send you copy today at work of what i mean.

Paul Herber

Yes please, I can certainly add a shape like that.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

wapperdude

Just for fun...

Edit:  Paul, if these turn out to be of interest, I do have versions that have better rounding.  The one's posted were just fun, demo.
Visio 2019 Pro

cliff50

hope the attachment gets to you..

there are several types of parabolic , (I havent sent everything )

You could make a solid dish with a raydome cover  ( you wont see the launcher, like like a drum)
a solid dish with a launcher (no raydome cover)
a grid pak dish with a launcher  ( vertical polarisation and horizontal polarisation)

then there is the blue schematic with lightning strike..
would be great if you could adjust the X axis ( distance between dishes)  without distortion to either dish  , merely an elongation or contraction of the lightning stike. .. hope you understand
Cheers!

Paul Herber

Quote from: cliff50 on March 31, 2011, 03:09:24 AM
hope the attachment gets to you..
there are several types of parabolic , (I havent sent everything )

Go it, thanks. Yes, I did have a look at the various options yesterday. I'll see what I can do.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

cliff50

Paul ,
on your messages my reply
Cheers