Dynamically changing the text color on Data Graphic fields?

Started by grapz, March 21, 2011, 05:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grapz

Hi

Sorry if my wording are a bit off. I'm using the Norwegian version of Visio at work, so I've had to convert all names and stuff to English, and might not be 100% accurate :)

I'm creating a custom stencil with several shapes grouped together and the group has shapedata in Visio 2007. I've added some fields that I'm displaying by using Data Graphics (I think it's called).

The problem is with the text color on the data graphic. The box behind it changes color based on user input, and thus the Data Graphic needs to change text color based on what color the box behind it has.

I've tried every way I can think of, but can't seem to make it work. What seems logically is: Open Shapesheet on the datagraphic. Add a custom formula to the Character.Color that changes the color based on another value.

This works, as in the value of Character.Color changes when I change the color on the box behind the text, but the text doesn't change color.

If I manually change the text color of the data graphic, the field Character.Color updates with the correct text color.

Any suggestions?

grapz

Yeah, I've seen that one, but still I was hoping to be able to do something simple, like =IF(colorisblack,whitetext,blacktext) in the Character.Color field.