custom callout not refreshing via odbc

Started by nylarising, March 17, 2011, 08:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nylarising

hi all,

i finally figured out how to link my visio shapes to a database table via odbc. however, i am experiencing some strange behavior with the custom callouts (taken from the Visio template).
1) Visio will not allow me to configure the custom callout to exclude property names; when i clear the check mark from the Configure Callout box (and Save), all of the linked data in the custom callout disappears. I also notice duplicates of my field names even though there are no duplicates in my database table.

2) Visio will not allow me to refresh the data in the custom callout; it will camp on the new data to the existing data even if I refresh or update the database. (see attached.) wth?

any ideas on how I can eliminate these issues? (Seems like it would be easier to manually add info, but that's not what my management wants.)

thanks!

aledlund

Your attached document didn't show up.
a.) I've also noticed duplicate field names show up when linking to some shapes. My assumption was that this was due to the fact that I had a datagraphic assigned linked to the data. The datagraphic subshapes are a part of the master shape.
b.) refresh can have some problems since sometimes the links may become broken (the datarecordsets are correctly updated, but the shapes are not). To correct this I have to re-autolink the shapes to the data. Obviously that assumes that there is an attribute between the callout and the datarecordset that can be used as a link.
al