Reduce Height of Multi-Day Calendar Shape

Started by skinnydan, March 16, 2011, 03:34:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skinnydan

Apologies for the noobie question, but is there a way to unlock the Multi-day calendar event?  I'm trying to resize the shape so there's less dead space around each event.  It seems like the height of each event is set to "font + X pixels" and I'd like the ability to squeeze it down a bit if I can.

I'm attempting to get multiple items (8-10) listed on a publishing schedule, so I need as much space as possible for new or repeating events.

Thanks,

Dan

Visio Guy

Hi Dan,

Yeah, it looks like it is tied to the font size.

For those who don't know, this shape is in the Calendar Shapes stencil, which opens with the Schedule > Calendar template.

You can reduce the Top and Bottom margins. Go to the Text dialog, click the Text Block tab, then reduce the values for Top and Bottom margins.

The Paragraph tab in that dialog will allow you to squeeze line-to-line spacing as well. For example, Line spacing is usually set to 120% (for some reason!). You can knock it down to 110% or 100% and your lines will be much closer together.

For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010