Makin a Print button on visio website

Started by Dominance, February 17, 2011, 11:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominance

Hey guys,

Now I've made a website for the company I work for (usig the save as webpage option) which explains all of our processes. But users have been complaining about the absence of an easy way to print the diagrams. So i've started to look around on the web but havent found a good way to do it. The thing i've found is this http://help.lockergnome.com/office2/Printbutton-visio-webpage--ftopict772750.html

Making a PDF of the page you want to print is ofcourse a good option to do it as they are really print friendly. I've mad PDF's of all the pages and placed them under a shape (print button). But my problem is that I regularly update my page and I am not the only employee who does that. And i'm sure some of the guys here wont like the idea of making a PDF of the page each time they edit it and place it under the print button as a hyperlink.

It really adds a lot of work. Editting a page in itself is already a drag because you have to mind the procedure numbers and allsorts of other procedures we have in place to make sure all our co-workers have the latest release etc. Anyways..

Now my question is: is there an easier way to make a print button? Or is there a way to make a button which uses the export as PDF function on the page itself so users can do that themself and that way we don't have to pace them as a hyperlink under the button..

Would be awesome if you guys could help. I'm at work still for the next 5 hours so I hope I get a quick reply..if it's no biggie but than i'll probably check back no sooner than next week

thx in advance!