Google Chrome Issue

Started by tam253, December 20, 2010, 03:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tam253

Hi-not sure if anyone else has this issue but when I view a file exported from Visio as an HTML document and then open it in google chrome the 'Go to' and 'Pan and Zoom' options are not there. However if I open the same file in Internet Explorer they are. Is there a special plugin for google chrome and if so where can I get it from - I have searched the web for one but without joy

Paul Herber

I believe it's not so much a Chrome issue than the code behind the pages is for IE only.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

tam253

Thank you for your prompt reply. The version of Visio I am using is 2007 and the web page is automatically created by Visio when I choose the publish option. Is there code I can add that would make this feature available in chrome and if so do you know where I can obtain it from? Thanks again

vojo

Dont absolve Chrome so fast.   Given that myriad of problems (arch & simple defects) with all google software except search and gmail, it would not surprise me that its a Chrome problem.

Nikolay

Quote from: tam253 on December 20, 2010, 03:33:35 PM
Hi-not sure if anyone else has this issue but when I view a file exported from Visio as an HTML document and then open it in google chrome the 'Go to' and 'Pan and Zoom' options are not there. However if I open the same file in Internet Explorer they are. Is there a special plugin for google chrome and if so where can I get it from - I have searched the web for one but without joy

AFAIK, Visio "Save as web" web-export supports advanced features (like "Pan and Zoom", "Go To", etc) only in Internet Explorer.
Means, these features do not seem to work not only in Chrome but also in Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc - nowhere but in IE.

Visio Guy

Before Visio 2010 the extra controls only worked in Internet Explorer. Partly because the visuals were exported as the vector-format VML which nobody understood except IE. Other browsers only displayed a parallel bitmap export, and couldn't be zoomed with fidelity, nor could they highlight individual items as search results.

I just checked the Visio 2010 Save as Web. It exports xaml, and vml is nowhere to be seen. The fancy controls work in Firefox, but not Chrome. If I right-click on the web page, it shows "Silverlight" which explains how they are doing it in Firefox and IE.

I went to a Silverlight demo site using Chrome, and they demos worked. So Silverlight must be installed for my Chrome browser, but it isn't showing the cool controls for the Visio web export.
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

Nikolay

Indeed, with Visio 2010, Firefox is supported!

tam253

Thank you all for your input on this matter - it seems that particularly under my version of Visio I will have to accept this feature only working in IE = thanks anyway for your help