Visio 2007: Queries on Flowchart

Started by enrisa, November 24, 2010, 03:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enrisa

Hi

I'll be eternally grateful to anyone who can help me out with this as i've spent 2 days fiddling with Visio 2007 and googling for solutions.

1) I've created one vertical flowchart with 3 functional bands. I need to lilnk one of the processes to another new page as it's a longer flow chart. So i used the off page reference shape and I was prompted if i wanted to copy the same flow chart band or leave it blank. I chose blank. So my question is, since my first flow chart is a vertical one, how do I create the second one as a horizontal??

I've tried inserting  horizontal functional bands and flipping my page setup from potrait to landscape but the horizontal functional band automatically changes itself to vertical whenever I tried inserting it. It's driving me nuts :( this leads to my next problem.

2) since I have an off page reference, i'm trying to create all flowcharts in 1 single vsd file, rather than multiple files. So my first flowchart is in named in the first tab as say "Tab1". As I can't seem to create a horizontal flowchart in a new page tab called "tab2" (because of problem 1), so I created it in a separate file. Is there a way to "copy" this new vsd file into "tab2"? Its like how we do it in Excel - move/copy sheet to either current workbook or new workbook?

much appreciated!!

wapperdude

Visio doesn't support simultaneous vertical and horizontal cross functional flowcharts.  Your options are as follows:

1.)  Make all of your processes flow in the same direction.
2.)  Make separate documents for vertical and horizontal, and then copy paste horizontal into the vertical as a new page.
            a)  In the vertical document, create a new page, decline adding flowchart to it (this would be a vertical).  Change the page to landscape.
            b.)  Go the horizontal document, copy the flow chart of interest, you can use <cntl>-A to copy everything.  Paste this into the new page of your vertical doc.

You can add delete steps (shapes) as before, but you can not add more bands.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro