Valves, Pumps, Connector Probs

Started by longo93, July 07, 2016, 11:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longo93

Hey guys,

i have a problem with my valve, pump and manometer shapes. I created a few shapes which should glue on a connector if i lay them on a connector. So far its working pretty well, but if i change the size of my shapes the valves, pumps and manometer shapes are not directly on the connection line, they move a little bit and do not glue. do you have any idea how i can fix that problem ?

vojo

when you grow (or shrink) shape, the height and width change...these change the pinx and piny so that it
is no longer close enough for visio keep connection.

What you want to do is hold the pinx and piny constant and grow around it.

I think this would take a pretty complex set of shapesheet formulas since essence you want, for width,
to move left side to the left by 1/2 the change and right side to right by half the change.   Similiarly for height.

longo93

Thanks for your reply :)

Well, i thought about something like this. But how do you think its possible ? i was thinking about guarding the pinx and piny but this still isnĀ“t working

Yacine

Hi Longo,
Visguy posted a solution some time ago, based on the idea, that you'd block the postion prior to resizing the shape: http://www.visguy.com/2008/04/15/center-sizing-smart-shapes/

I would propose another solution, which I think is easier.
Put your shape in a group and set its size as proportional to the distance of a control point of the parent.
Check the attachment.

Regards,
Y.
Yacine