Custom Toolbar button to fill a specific RGB colour (color)

Started by abssorb, November 16, 2010, 12:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abssorb

Hi.  This seems like a very simple need, but I've been searching for hours without success.

I need to have a fill button on the toolbar which uses a specific RGB colour.  One click fills the right colour.  This isn't so much to add convenience as to guide users into using the right fill colour on document they're working on.

The colour is a particular shade of blue which matches the corporate logo, and although users have been advsised how to make sure they're using the right colour, they complain that it's too inconvenient to remember how, and what the values are etc.   Another problem is that macros are discouraged.  i might be able to get around this, but a non-macro solution would be great.  :)

Jumpy

When you create a special Button for your Color in the Toolbar you need a VBA Macro that starts when the Button is pushed and that changes the fill color of a selected shape to the RGB values you want. I fear there is no way to do it without Macros.

Only alternative is perhaps a custom format (don't know how it's calles in english) style? It's easy to aplie I think, but it won't come with a button...
Or perhaps you can work with a Theme (>=Visio2007)....No Button there, too

vojo

I guess what you are really after is multiple buttons to paint a specific pallet (1 for midnight blue, 1 for aqua blue, 1 for sky blue)
Otherwise, dont select any shapes, look at color fill==>second tab==>set RGB to what you want.    From there on out, that is the default color.