Invisible shape, also in the report

Started by RhesusMinus, November 03, 2010, 01:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RhesusMinus

Hi.

I'm using the shape sheet to control the visibility of a shape. However, when I run a report to count my shapes, it's counted even though it's invisible. Is there som other way to "disable" the shape so that it doesn't appear in the reports?

THL

Paul Herber

You could create a new invisible page (well, you can make the page tab invisible) and move the shape there instead of making it invisible.

Or you could modify the (or write your own) report that ignores invisible shapes.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

RhesusMinus

Hi Paul.

These are good ideas, and writing our own report generator has been considered. However, we want to use as much standard functionality as possible.

The shape will actually be a group consisting av several shapes that are optional. So.. when make one of them "invisible", I only want that one to disappear from the report. Is there really no other way to make something disappear from the report?

I can make a filter in the report of course, that makes sure that only shapes with a Shape Data/User Data set to "true" gets counted in the report, but I was hoping for an easier way to disable the shape from the reports with standard functionality.

THL