Connection points ideas

Started by Paul Herber, November 02, 2010, 10:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Herber

Now, two other things that would be nice with connection points:
a. hiding connection points at very low zoom factors. Take a shape that has a few connection points and zoom out to say 10%, all you can see of the shape is a mass of blue crosses.
b. control connection point visibility (and functionality) on a shape by shape basis. Some connection points might be needed to form connections within a group but they have no use outside of that group). A good example is the 7400 TTL shape I posted a while ago. Connection points are needed to create the chip's internal connections but they have no business being seen from outside.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/

vojo

I will have to dig through my stuff, but I believe you can do B today.

If I recall correctly, you take a shape, draw a square around it, group it, delete the square, resize box
Then go into the shape sheet and put some logic in the "issnaptotarget" cell.

below does this....right click shape and select "show connections"   Its been a few years since I did this so you may need to look at
shape sheet to see how exactly I did it

I suppose you could do A by having  the docmd in an action to open new window and as part of the action, use similar logic to B to turn off connections
(or vice versa...aka off for whole picture...on for new window.   This end up being more problematic since the new window only shows the shapes selected)
(alternatively, could play around with the UIvisibility cell for the page...maybe something there could help for A)

Paul Herber

Ah yes, so you control the connection point visibility for a grouped shape. Yes, that might help, ... thanks Vojo.
Electronic and Electrical engineering, business and software stencils for Visio -

https://www.paulherber.co.uk/