Scale of inserted Controls

Started by Michelle, October 19, 2010, 09:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michelle

I need to have a series of yes/no type checkboxes on a template I am creating.  To accomplish this, I use Insert -> Control -> Microsoft Forms 2.0 Checkbox.  It drops in at a smaller size than I would like... can I change the size of the text AND the checkbox itself?  If so, how?

Thanks in Advance,
Michelle

Yacine

hi Michelle,
the size of the text can be adjusted easily if you right-click the control, show the control properties and edit the font.
The checkbox itself however scales only with the drawing scale of your drawing.
If you use a toggle button instead of a checkbox, you can scale it freely.
Yacine

aledlund

What version of Visio are you using?
al

Michelle

Al: I have Visio Pro 2007

Yacine:  Cool, thanks.  I tried changing the fint size with Format Text, wich of course did not work.  I looked at the control properties, but never clicked on anything to go into the text and make changes!  Now I'm going to try the toggle button to see if that will serve my purpose.  

Thanks!

Michelle

Hmm, I just took a look at the toggle.  It *could* work... but I need it to very clearly show that a selection has been made.  Can I easily make an "X" or check appear when the toggle is selected?  I am going to experiment, but I thought I'd ask in case there's an easy way...

Thanks again.
Michelle

Yacine

Quote from: Michelle on October 21, 2010, 12:53:22 PM
but never clicked on anything to go into the text and make changes! 

Why not? That's where the font size can be adjusted.
Yacine

Michelle

I don't know why Format Text doesn't work.  I can tell you that what is listed as current (what is listed in the pop up box) for Format -> Text is different than what is shown when I do CheckBox Object -> Control Properties.  Format Text lists Arial, 12 pt and the Object's control properties lists Tahoma, 8 pt.  When I change the Tahoma font size, the text does change in size. 

I have been playing with this and can't come to a good solution.  Is there any way to change the size of the check box itself in the shapesheet?  Or to make the Toggle button show an X or maybe change color when clicked?

I don't know VBA, which stinks... Is there a way to dig deeper into the checkbox shape?  I tried to change the double click behavior to open the shape in a new window like I do for shapes I have created that are grouped.  But I can't drill into the checkbox any deeper.  Unless there's a trick I don't know??   How about if I create my own check box... is there a function I can use in the shapesheet then that makes something happen (like place an X or change color) when a shape is clicked on? 

Thanks for looking...

Jumpy

Maybe I don't get it. But a checkbox from the Microsoft Forms is not a shape and can't be edited like a shape. It is a VB Control, and has to be edited with for example the Properties Window from the VBA editor. It even may be, that the ways to edit it are limited. There a controls, where you can't change font size, for example.

I remember, that visguy created a Button-shape somewhere in his articles. Maybe you can look at it, to get an idea for how to implement a checkbox shape.