resize, not rescale, cad drawing

Started by yadaaa, October 02, 2010, 08:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yadaaa

Hi all,

imported the cad, worked on it like a robot (copying the cad to visio) - and after a while (a long while) I noticed I'm in the wrong size - the doors are 45 cm instead of 90 cm, etc. rescaling doesn't change that, and selelct all -> manual resize just isn't precise enough. how can I resize my plan?

wapperdude

After you select all, temporarily group.  Now go to menu bar > View > Size and Position window.  You can adjust the width and height as precisely as you desire.  Since you are off by a factor of 2X, you can enter 2*(the existing value).  Visio will do the math.  Do the same for the height.

Of course, you could have right clicked the group, then select Format > Protection > Aspect Ratio.  Now, whatever change you do to either the width or height, the other dimension will track.

HTH
Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

yadaaa

Ok, I get that dreded messgae "shape protection prevents...." - checked the shapesheet protection - nothing is marked.

any ideas?

edit: ok, I succeeded not getting the message, but the walls went all haywire, and the doors didn't change size at all. any suggestions?

wapperdude

Guess we need to back up a little ...

What steps did you actually go thru to import the CAD drawing (what was the native format?), and then what steps did you go thru to complete it's transformation into Visio?  For example, did you use the floorplan shapes?

Wapperdude
Visio 2019 Pro

yadaaa

Yes, I transfer cad plans into visio - but nm - I did it all over again :) so problem solved (the hard way - won't be doing this mistake again)

wapperdude

Thanks for the update.  Sorry it was a good news / bad news solution.
Visio 2019 Pro