Custom Rack Equipment - Connection Point Problem

Started by csima, September 14, 2010, 01:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csima

I'm trying to create some custom pieces of rack equipment that will snap/glue to the "Rack" shape found in the Network - Rack Mounted Equipment.    But, I run into a strange problem.   

When I create the basic shape (e.g. rectangle) and add connections points ... it snaps/glues as expected.   But, as I add detail to the shape (LEDs, switches, meters) .. the connection points I added no longer seem to work.

Any ideas on why this is happening and how to correct?

Thanks - Chris

aledlund

Sounds like you created your shape with the connection points in it, then added some more shapes to the object before grouping them. Your shape with the connection point is now as subshape.
al

nettle

Quote from: aledlund on September 14, 2010, 08:44:51 PM
Sounds like you created your shape with the connection points in it, then added some more shapes to the object before grouping them. Your shape with the connection point is now as subshape.
al

So in that situation you would want to add connection/glue points to a shape, then group the shape and connector points, then add other shapes? Thanks,

aledlund

my last step (after it looks the way I would like it), is to add connection points. This is a personal preference and their are a lot of guys who monitor this forum who are a lot better than me in building shapes that probably do it different.
al

nettle

Quote from: aledlund on September 16, 2010, 02:55:24 PM
my last step (after it looks the way I would like it), is to add connection points. This is a personal preference and their are a lot of guys who monitor this forum who are a lot better than me in building shapes that probably do it different.
al

Ah ok gotcha.