Arrow for isometric drawings

Started by David.P, September 07, 2010, 03:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David.P

Hi forum,

I was wondering whether someone has already come across (or created) something like an "isometric arrow" (or line ending), like e.g. the double arrow in the drawing below -- which of course looks much better and makes the drawing easier to read than the standard arrow (the orange one), the latter not really showing that it's related to plane 5 in that drawing.

It would be great if there was a way to adjust the isometric angle of the arrow with something like a handle.....

At the moment, I always draw those isometric arrows by hand, which is not really viable in the long run  :-\

Thanks already for any hints

Cheers David.P
Visio 2003 for production
Visio 2019

vojo

vdfx and Zxtm are primaries for an ISO arrow.....June (frequent poster here) has many shapes for this kind of thing (iso shapes).
I have enhanced for my needs (shading/lightsource/dimension control, etc)....too big to post but any/all welcome to them.

David.P

Pardon me? ??? ??? I don't seem to get more than about two words of what your last post might be saying.

Visio 2019

vojo

Websites  vdfx  (www.visio cafe.com) and Zxfm (www.zxfm.com) have free stencils with iso arrows
June the second (a frequent poster here) has iso shapes ....do a google search on isometric visio.
I have take his shapes and have  added shading, color, and dimensioning control (among other things).....cubes, tetrahedrons, cylindars, octohedrans, etc.

So just pointing out some resources for the kinds of things you may want.

David.P

Aahh thanks! Now I got it... Although Zxfm doesn't seem to exist anymore...? Anyway, below isometric arrow by vdfx is quite neat:

It would be perfect if the isometric angle could be adjusted as well (it is fixed at 30° at the moment as I believe).

Visio 2019

vojo

You can go into shape sheet and do:
Create a custom property called angle
Change "tan(30 deg)"  to "tan(prop.angle)" ....from a glance its really only 4 places or so.

Of course, if you do change the angle...its not isometric anymore

Here are the old ZXFM stencils

David.P

Thanks, I'll look into this.

Cheers David.P
Visio 2019

David.P

Argh  :-\

The stuff is called ZXTM and VSDFX, not "ZXFM" and "VDFX".

No wonder Google doesn't find anyting...

But thanks anyhow.

Cheers David.P
Visio 2019

vojo

As a true republican would say " dont let the facts cloud the issue"

David.P

Visio 2019