Drawing Navigation

Started by sbrownbw, July 14, 2008, 04:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbrownbw

Is there a simpler way to navigate a drawing than to use the vertical and horizontal scroll bars?  Maybe something that is similar to the "hand" tool when moving around in a .pdf file?

Lars-Erik

Theres several options:

The pan and zoom window: this will help you navigate the screen by using a small overview panel

Scrolling with your mouse, holding shift will make it scroll horizontally, by default it will scroll verticaly

Turning on scroll-lock will let you navigate the page using your arrow keys.

Holding down your middle mouse key will let you drag around the screen, not like the adobe hand tool, but it moves the direction you move the mouse after pressing down the key. combining this function with shift, will make sure you scroll either only horizontal or vertically.

scrolling while holding down ctrl will zoom in and out. Zooming in will focus on the mouse cursor, so zooming out and in can be a quick way to navigate aswell.

Check them out :) for the "hand" tool, the pan and zoom window will come closest I think, clicking on the page there will let you drag your view around.

- Lars

Visio Guy

Hi sbrownbw,

Lars-Erik got em all, but you might still be interested in this article: Work Faster With Our Top Visio Keyboard Shortcuts
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

Lars-Erik

O nice, there is a "Hand" tool! I didn't know this one yet.
I suppose the function sbrownbw was looking for is the Pan:

Ctrl + Shift + Right Mouse-drag
Hold down the right mouse-button to push and pull your page to the desired location. You'll see the little hand cursor which lets you know that you're ready to pan.