Add nodes WITHOUT Bezier handles to freehand line

Started by David.P, September 05, 2010, 06:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David.P

Hi forum,

I'd like to ad some nodes to the freehand line shown below:

If I add a node by Ctrl-clicking on the line using the pencil tool, I get a new node ("red square") that has additional Bezier handles, unlike the other intermediate nodes (the "green circle" ones).

In this case however, I'd prefer to add simple nodes without Bezier handles that can be dragged without changing into corners (if you know what I mean :))

So, is there a way to simply add a "green circle"-type node to my freehand line.......?

Thanks heaps already,

Cheers David.P
Visio 2003 for production
Visio 2019

David.P

Aaaahhrrg it seems that this is not possible unless you have some complicated developer tool called GeoHandler, see here :'(

Please someone, there must be a workaround

Visio 2019

Jumpy

I remember darkly, that said book had a download site, where you could get the tool...
Just can't remember what address it was, but maybe Google can help?

Visio Guy

There is a GeoHelper tool that comes as a companion download to Graham Wideman's book: Visio 2003 Developer's Survival Pack.

You need a password to access the download site, and you can apply for it here, look for the heading "Password To Access the Visio 2003 Developer's Survival Pack Support Material..."

Note: I tried running the GeoHelper tool on Windows 7, 64-bit, with Visio 2010, 64-bit, and it couldn't detect that Visio was running. So the age of the tools and book is starting to show.
For articles, tips and free content, see the Visio Guy Website at http://www.visguy.com
Get my Visio Book! Using Microsoft Visio 2010

David.P

Thanks for the info...

Well for the time being I think I use the workaround to wiggle about just that little bit more when drawing freehand, thus creating more nodes -- that can be moved or deleted afterwards, if those nodes can't be so easily created after all...

Cheers David.P
Visio 2019