Tooltip in Shape on mouseOver - Visio 2003

Started by jcalmeida79, August 11, 2010, 09:52:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcalmeida79

Hi Guys,

This is my first post here at the forum so I hope I'm writing this on the right place.

Ok, so I'm still with Visio 2003 and I've created a simple custom shape. This shape has an event for detecting it being Dropped that defines its inside text, depending on some specific conditions. Now, I'd like to make my shape display a tooltip on mouse-over with more detail about him... is this possible? Putting the information in custom property could do the trick but it's less legible and my users are not used to custom properties.

From the research I've done this afternoon on this forum and on google, there is a way to do this with the ShapeSheet with a custom section but only when the visio page is saved as web. My requirement is to show the tooltip in visio program.

After I gave up searching, I attached to my shape a tooltip & mouse shape (or something like that). However this tooltip shape is always present.

So, the questions are:
1 - Is there a way to present a tooltip on mouse-over on Visio, *not* on a webpage?
2 - If the answer to the above is no, how can I use the second approach and hide the second tooltip shape unless I'm on mouse-over the shapes? I don't see a Visible property

Thank you

aledlund

open the shapesheet, go to the Miscellaneous section, and check out the Comment cell.
al

suhaspatil3007

darlaweb

Here's a question... if I save the Visio as a PDF the tooltip won't display.  Any idea if this will work?