Visio to Excel or Oracle P6 Scheduling Program

Started by nuketrain, July 01, 2010, 04:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nuketrain

I have a 362 page Visio document (And will have three to four by the end of the month) I need to be linked preferably to Oracle Primivera P6 Scheduling Program, so changes in the Schedule will reflect in Visio or vice versa.  Since P6 is fed by Excel Worksheets, I thought if a direct link were not possible maybe using Excel as a "middle man" between the two programs would be sufficient.  I am relatively new to the Visio program and am working with Visio Pro 2007... any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Jumpy

I don't know Oracle, but what Visio needs is a OBDC DataSource. For some database systems there are special drivers, that emulate ODBC. At least that's what I've been told from my tutor. So if you find sth. like that, you maybe won't need Excel as the middleman.

nuketrain

The only problem I have is, well maybe not the only problem, that I don't have "access" to the oracle database, but it can be gained.  With that said I pose a new question... Is there a way to convert all shapes to predefined data-shapes, or a stencil i have created.  Let me explain, the way the documents were set up before I began working on them is horrible.  There is not a set shape, rather 4 rectangles "arbitrarily"(spelling? you get the point) thrown together to look like a shape, but each rectangle stands alone.  When I started this project I created a stencil and defined each seperation to what data it would contain.  I am at a stand still trying to convert all shapes, or define all shapes without having to do so seperately 1000+ times... Someone HELP PLEASE... any suggestions, any questions, any comments welcome PLEASE HELP...